Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home made postcards from children.

Article about: Hello brothers in arm, I have a couple of postcards (25), made on blank sheets of paper, with hand made drawings. All of them looks to have been sent to the same person. The seller stated th

Default Home made postcards from children.

Hello brothers in arm,

I have a couple of postcards (25), made on blank sheets of paper, with hand made drawings. All of them looks to have been sent to the same person.

The seller stated they are postcards from school children to their teacher during his time in the IJA.

Would you please help me confirming this informations. I am also curious about what is inside the letters. I know I am asking a lot, so I will only post the "best" ones, if anyone is interested.

Let's start with this one :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home made postcards from children.  

Here is the back of the postcard :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home made postcards from children.  

Sorry for the triple post I am having problems with pictures upload.

On this one we can see a building which might be the school itself because there is the same on several postcards, from several hands.

I also post a beautiful one showing the Hinomaru on a piece of land and which might be a poem on it (grass writting). There is also a nice uchiwa with sakuras.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home made postcards from children.   Home made postcards from children.  

Home made postcards from children.   Home made postcards from children.  

The first one says, "I wish you a full recovery (from sickness) and that you are able to do a great job in the front lines in that manly style you have. " Yes, it is as the seller says. That one is from a second grader in junior high school, showing great artistic talent for his age.

Here's the school's gate post in the drawing
    Attached Images Attached Images Home made postcards from children. 

Awesome, thank you Nick! You even found the school, the landscape changed but this is the same gate ! Could you let me know where did they came from please ?

The water painting is very fine indeed, some of them showed impressive skills such as perspective, shadow play, etc. I don't think I will be able to do as good as them.

In the other hand here is what I would expected from such a young schoolboy :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Home made postcards from children.   Home made postcards from children.  

MAP
    ?

Fantastic. I love these little personal pieces of history. They compliment the main parts of our collections.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you MAP, glad you like it. I think there were around 40 of them for sale. I had to let go some of the best in order to keep as much as possible together as a grouping. If anyone who bought some of them read this and ever want to sells, let me know !

I know it's not masterpieces from Fujita, but it's still an very unique and personal testimony from the period.

Here are a couple of very beautiful ones to thank the forum for the help. There were definitly little mangakas in this school.

Saga Prefectural Ogi Junior High School

Thank you very much for your kind help Nick, as usual.

?

Interesting! My grandfather brought back a set of postcards that are quite similar to yours: Students wishing their teacher good luck and illustrating the cards themselves. He found his particular set on Iwo Jima.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast