Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I have a saber with an interesting symbol on the guard

Article about: Hello everybody. I have a saber with an interesting symbol on the guard, please help with translation or give information about what this symbol means. Thanks more photos on the link below J

?

Default I have a saber with an interesting symbol on the guard

Hello everybody. I have a saber with an interesting symbol on the guard, please help with translation or give information about what this symbol means. Thanks
    more photos on the link below
    Japan sword ww2 - Google Photos

Moved to the correct section of the form.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Just the number 153
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I have a saber with an interesting symbol on the guard  

?

You got a nine leaf Navy parade dress saber pattern 1914.

?

thanks for your reply)

?

I am familiar with this image of the saber and read Kingu Fuller Japanese weapons.
    Thank you, can you tell me what the nine-leaf pattern means? I would like to know more information.

You'll need to hear from Gunto the details on how the navy officer sword evolved, but here's the difference between the 1914 model and a 1919 model as represented in navy regulation documents. Not sure what else changed, but it appears to me that the handguard lost one leaf in the 1919 version as far as I can tell from the original illustrations below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I have a saber with an interesting symbol on the guard  

?

11 leafs for 1914 and 9 leafs for 1919

?

1914 patteren early type made by Suya.
    This parade dress saber is much wider and fittings on scabbard are different.
    Compared to another 1914 patteren ,theres so many types. I own 8 navy parade dress sabers and no one looks the same.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I have a saber with an interesting symbol on the guard   I have a saber with an interesting symbol on the guard  

?

Quote by Gunto View Post
    11 leafs for 1914 and 9 leafs for 1919
    You write that 9 sheets like mine are 1919, and in the post above write that I have 9 sheets this is 1914. I'm confused.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast