Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

The IJA handover of 200 captured British helmets to the Germans in 1942

Article about: I've had this document for years in preparation for a "The Eagle has landed" type of fiction to take place in Asia, but could never decide whom to assassinate, so I'm declassifying

Default The IJA handover of 200 captured British helmets to the Germans in 1942

I've had this document for years in preparation for a "The Eagle has landed" type of fiction to take place in Asia, but could never decide whom to assassinate, so I'm declassifying it.

It is a delivery notice for 200 British helmets captured by the IJA to be delivered to the German Embassy by request of the Germans. They were handed over to the Germans free of charge in June 1942.

What did the Germans want British helmets for? Wasn't Dunkirk already enough of a harvest?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The IJA handover of 200 captured British helmets to the Germans in 1942  

They painted them with the Maltese camouflage and sold them on EBAY to fund the ODESSA! I've seen it on that accurate history documentary 'Hunting Hitler' !!

If one were to make a guess, they may be for air raid protection for the German staff of the embassy. They could just repaint, or do nothing at all to them, and use them as is. Probably Japanese helmets were unavailable and too small to boot. Getting anything from Germany to Japan was near impossible since the Magic and Ultra intercepts of the diplomatic and military radio traffic of the Germans and Japanese had pretty much guaranteed the sinking of most U-Boats and Japanese I Boats and surface ships either going to or coming from the Pacific, with very rare exceptions.