Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

IJA Helmet star emblem - resource?

Article about: Is anyone aware of or can direct me to a resource that spells out the specifications for the star emblem that is on a type 90 combat helmet? Ive been told the star on my helmet shell is a re

Default IJA Helmet star emblem - resource?

Is anyone aware of or can direct me to a resource that spells out the specifications for the star emblem that is on a type 90 combat helmet? Ive been told the star on my helmet shell is a reproduction so I would like to know what an original one specs at so I can compare and be on look out for original one. thanks for any information on this. I can measure the thickness and overall dimensions of the star if that helps some tell me how it compares.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA Helmet star emblem - resource?  

This wallet recently sold on ebay with seven stars, note they all have curved ends on the tabs. don't know of anywhere else to get comparisons.
    USMC VET BRING BACK WW2 JAPANESE HELMET STAR INSIGNIA ON WALLET 7 ORIGINAL STARS | eBay
    not a cheap item to find I think
    regards
    Rod
    Rod

Hi,

I have a spare in my collection, it's 3,6 mm wide and 1 mm thick. Here are the best pictures I can take. You can see they were painted with the tabs flat. They are good old "attaches parisiennes" like we say here, with curved ends as Rod saids.

Hope it helps.
    Mat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA Helmet star emblem - resource?   IJA Helmet star emblem - resource?  

And this is the other I have on my helmet :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA Helmet star emblem - resource?  

Sorry to dig this up but I found out thanks to a fellow member on WAF that the spare star in post 3 is an old reproduction. The fixation system is not accurate compared to an original. Paint job is rather good but it must be artificial.

Cheers,
    Mat.

Default star

This star is being sold as original - does it appear original -
    thank you
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA Helmet star emblem - resource?   IJA Helmet star emblem - resource?