Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

IJN cutlery

Article about: Found these two pieces today, the fork is magnetic, the spoon isn't, and it looks to be made of nickel silver. The colour is exactly the same as seen on un-cleaned SA and SS dagger fittings.

?

Default IJN cutlery

Found these two pieces today, the fork is magnetic, the spoon isn't, and it looks to be made of nickel silver. The colour is exactly the same as seen on un-cleaned SA and SS dagger fittings.

Both pieces are marked NTSK on the reverse, but the anchor designs, and sizes, are slightly different.

If you have some, please feel free to add it here.

Regards

Russ
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJN cutlery   IJN cutlery  

IJN cutlery  

Quite a lot of navy cutlery is being reproduced as souvenirs, so watch what you buy. These here are all restrikes or repros.

Since 1908, the IJN had been famous for its curry and rice as its staple dish, so navy marked spoons are bought by curry fans, a champion dish even today. They successfully overcame scurvy with this dish, while the army was still clueless how to deal with it.

Even today, lunch on Friday is curry and rice in the maritime self defense forces in honor of this navy culinary tradition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJN cutlery   IJN cutlery  

IJN cutlery   IJN cutlery  

Last edited by Nick Komiya; 02-02-2019 at 10:43 AM.

?

Thanks for showing those pieces Nick.

I’m not sure if the pieces I’ve shown are genuine, but I believe the nickel one probably is. I couldn’t buy a cup of coffee for what I paid for these two!

Regards

Russ