Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

IJN Silver/nickel plated Helmet Anchor? Seen one of these before ?

Article about: I picked this up in an auction lot. It totally looks like a early brass anchor helmet, is not magnetic and is dull/flat nickel plated. The only thing different is that the bendable tabs are

What was the original source saying about the badge? Was the image pulled from eBay?

Edit. The image was pulled from eBay.

This one is totally legit. It's a stunner and no doubt one looker. These are made of brass. Some have a copper coat over brass badge then nickel plate on top. The copper coat makes the nickel plate more durable. Some are simply nickel over brass. There is a very early variant made of very thin aluminum. They are extremely fragile. I've never seen a fully intact example.
    IJN Silver/nickel plated Helmet Anchor?  Seen one of these before ?
    Last edited by Razorback76; 09-04-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Quote by Razorback76 View Post
    This one is totally legit. It's a stunner. No doubt one looker.
    Do you have a known textbook example of that particular style to compare with? I showed two textbook examples and someone above me had one. None of the three is like it.

Quote by Sporter90 View Post
    Do you have a known textbook example of that particular style to compare with? I showed two textbook examples and someone above me had one. None of the three is like it.
    This used one has been posted here already.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJN Silver/nickel plated Helmet Anchor?  Seen one of these before ?  

For now, I'll call it the "square" style as apposed to three "rounded" style examples on page 2.

nn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJN Silver/nickel plated Helmet Anchor?  Seen one of these before ?  

Quote by Sporter90 View Post
    For now, I'll call it the "square" style as apposed to three "rounded" style examples on page 2.
    It's just a well known early variant.

RAZORBACK76 - Thanks for posting the picture of the true Nickel plated anchors! That was what I hoped mine was a derivative of.

However now, primarily because of the super fine details in it, I am going to agree that mine (the original question I posed in this thread) is a nickel plated REPRO.

Good discussion men - appreciate your inputs and continue on as desired

Another "Good one" installed on my helmet

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJN Silver/nickel plated Helmet Anchor?  Seen one of these before ?   IJN Silver/nickel plated Helmet Anchor?  Seen one of these before ?  

MAP
    ?

I have no idea if this helps the thread or not.

Here is mine

Japanese IJN T90 Helmet with 2nd Pattern Cover

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast