Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

IJN souvenir items

Article about: Hi folks, My uncle brought these items back from his time as an LCVP Coxswain in the Pacific Theatre. He was the recipient of two battle stars and was at Red Beach Two - Iwo Jima. I have an

Default IJN souvenir items

Hi folks, My uncle brought these items back from his time as an LCVP Coxswain in the Pacific Theatre. He was the recipient of two battle stars and was at Red Beach Two - Iwo Jima. I have an idea of what some of these items are but would appreciate feedback. I have some close up photos but will wait to see if there is interest. Thanks, NH

IJN souvenir items

?

Hi, I don't know much about IJN items but the US Medal on the bottom are left to right, American Campaign Medal, Asiatic Pacific Theater Medal and WWII Victory Medal. The ribbon bar on top of them are the corresponding ribbons for the medals except the last on the right looks like Philippines Liberation Medal. The two stars on the Asiatic ribbon represent participation in two battles, I believe. I'm sure you'll hear more on the subject.

Al

Nice grouping Neil! Looks like some American Occupation money there too as well as the US items Aldo mentioned.

Servus, Neil!

And the cap tally reads "Greater Nippon Imperial Navy"

軍海国帝本日大

But today it's written from left to right:
    大日本帝国海軍

--Guy

Hello,

The little red cherry flower might came from one of the shoulder tab, I think this color is for medical personnel, see here : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nava...g_World_War_II

Very interesting stuff chaps

MAP
    ?

Nice Neil.

Any idea what the metal plate is below the Tally?

And are those coins in the bottom right of the photo?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice Neil.

Any idea what the metal plate is below the Tally?

And are those coins in the bottom right of the photo?
    Thanks for the kind remarks! When my uncle handed me these items back in 1982, he described a few pieces. The aluminum piece was taken from a downed Japanese bomber on Okinawa. What looks like a string of coins is actually trolley tokens. He was on the West coast for training and had some leave time in Hollywood and other "little towns" as he described them. I believe the brass piece is a tool check from Kobe. NH

MAP
    ?

Nice. Thanks Neil. That airplane part is cool!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)