MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Info ija helmet type 90

Article about: Dear Folks [ATTACH=CONFIG]1715874[/ATTACH] Just here to know if this one is a WW2 type 90 helmet with all pieces period applied...??? Thanks in advance

Default Info ija helmet type 90

Dear Folks

Just let me your thoughts about this helmet is a type 90 genuine WW2 one with whole pieces period applied, any red Flag here
    [ATTACH=CONInfo ija helmet type 90FIG]1715874[/ATTACH]Info ija helmet type 90

Just here to know if this one is a WW2Info ija helmet type 90 type 90 helmet with all pieces period appliedInfo ija helmet type 90...???
    Info ija helmet type 90
    Info ija helmet type 90
    Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info ija helmet type 90  

Just here to know if this one is a WW2 type 90 helmet with all pieces period applied...??? Thanks in advance
    Just here to know if this one is a WW2Info ija helmet type 90 type 90 helmet with all pieces period appliedInfo ija helmet type 90...???
    Info ija helmet type 90
    Info ija helmet type 90
    Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

More Info ija helmet type 90Info ija helmet type 90Info ija helmet type 90Info ija helmet type 90Info ija helmet type 90Info ija helmet type 90picsInfo ija helmet type 90

[attach=config]1715882[/attacInfo ija helmet type 90Info ija helmet type 90Info ija helmet type 90Info ija helmet type 90Info ija helmet type 90h]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info ija helmet type 90  

Quote by velasco View Post
    just here to know if this one is a ww2 type 90 helmet with all pieces period applied...???
    Info ija helmet type 90 Info ija helmet type 90
    Info ija helmet type 90
    Info ija helmet type 90
    thanks in advance
    [/quote]

Yes, it appears to be a genuine type 90, and thank you for all the pictures!

Cheers,
    Steve

Other comments by Akira Komiya and myself regarding the kanji are here. Akira-san suggested the owner seek other expert opinion regarding authenticity since he's been away from collecting for some years.

-- Guy

?

Its a nice looking helmet, But I do have a couple of concerns. Although everything is WW2 vintage, I am not confident it was in this configuration with these exact parts during WW2. Areas of concern:

- There is brighter white painted kanji on the front rim. This does not match the age and wear of the kanji on the rear rim. It also has been painted over bare and slightly rusty metal. I would expect the front characters to be equally or more worn than the rear characters. Most often a soldier would remove his helmet by grabbing the front rim, causing more wear to the front area than the rear.

- The star prongs show a ghosted imprint of another stars prongs on the inside of the leather liner in the front. The imprint shows a star with shorter prongs / legs was originally there.

These could all be wartime done. Or post war, not really sure. Possibly reissued and relined helmet?? It happened.

PG-