Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ive Been Offered some Interesting Items

Article about: Hello Everyone, A friend of mine is offering me this bellows, gas mask, and helmet that he recently picked up. The helmet came with this woven basket cover. Has anyone ever seen something li

?

Default Ive Been Offered some Interesting Items

Hello Everyone,
    A friend of mine is offering me this bellows, gas mask, and helmet that he recently picked up. The helmet came with this woven basket cover. Has anyone ever seen something like this before? Could this be the internal framework of a sun helmet used for camouflage. Unfortunately the helmet is missing its star and chin strap, but does have a single bullet hole. The Bellows are quite interesting, and I believe they are for inflating a life raft. I would appreciate if someone could confirm that for me. I hope you enjoy the photos, and I look forward to hearing any opinions or Information the forum members could provide. Thank you in advance, Vic
    Ive Been Offered some Interesting ItemsIve Been Offered some Interesting ItemsIve Been Offered some Interesting Items
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ive Been Offered some Interesting Items   Ive Been Offered some Interesting Items  

?

the basket is a normal basket not the inside of an pith helmet, the mask is civil the bellows I have no idea and the helmet needs more photos even if at first glance I don't like the liner.

?

Great, thanks for the reply. I’ll try to get more photos of the helmet.

?

Basket is Phillipino

?

That’s interesting. I’m wondering if some GI just put the helmet in the basket to ship them both home. Seems more likely, although not impossible, than the idea of a Japanese soldier using it for camouflage.

Bellows dated Showa 11.
    昭十一
    Sho 11 [1936]

--Guy

?

Guy, thanks for the translation