Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?

Article about: I'm looking to purchase a Japanese rising sun flag. I want to get some opinions regarding authenticity before possibly purchasing. As you can see from the pictures posted, it's not in the gr

Default Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?

I'm looking to purchase a Japanese rising sun flag. I want to get some opinions regarding authenticity before possibly purchasing. As you can see from the pictures posted, it's not in the greatest condition, however, for the age of it, it's not bad. The seller is from Japan. The flags measures roughly 27 x 39 inches. It is made of silk. It shows some staining and discoloration which looks like normal wear and tear. The corner tabs appear to look right as well. If anyone could give me some more information regarding Japanese flags and what to look for to make sure they are authentic, I would greatly appreciate it. I welcome all opinions! Thanks for your time. Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?

Looks fine to me.

Have a look at the forum to see some similar examples.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I see nothing wrong with this flag. The leather tabs are correct and I am comfortable with the overall aging and appearance...
    I have had several Japanese flags pass through my hands throughout the years, and I say this is a keeper...Of course as long as the price is right...The "Meatball Flags" are nice as well, and usually quite affordable.
    cheers, Glenn

looks ok.

?

The dimensions are within the expected range, construction looks good and I believe it to be period authentic Army flag.

Here is another with which to compare characteristics.

Regards,
    Stu
    Is this Japan Rising Sun Flag authentic?

Thanks for your opinions, I greatly appreciate it.

It's a rather impressive piece, even with the staining.
    I'd be happy with this flag.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Looks legitimate.
    Regards,
    John

Centered meatball-proper construction-nice condition! Looks like a fine Army flag to me! Good find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice original Army !

Cheers!
    Taka

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast