Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Arisaka Training Rifle

Article about: Have had this rifle for a couple of years and it was deactivated as a training rifle by the firing pin being filed off and the bore was plugged, also there is no evidence of a mum on the cha

Default Japanese Arisaka Training Rifle

Have had this rifle for a couple of years and it was deactivated as a training rifle by the firing pin being filed off and the bore was plugged, also there is no evidence of a mum on the chamber . I'm interested to know if anyone can translate the markings on the butt stock above the number "5". as always I appreciate any assistance anyone can give me!Japanese Arisaka Training RifleJapanese Arisaka Training RifleJapanese Arisaka Training RifleJapanese Arisaka Training Rifle

Sorry can’t translate it for you but it should be the name of the school that used this rifle for training. Also I’ve never seen a training rifle that retains the mum as this was a mark of the Imperial govt so when the rifle left the service of the Imperial Military it would be removed and in its place usually was stamped a school marking of some sort.
    I know this doesn’t really answer your question but I hope it was useful!

The middle kanji has me stumped!

北*校
    Hoku * Kō
    North * School

It looks similar to -- but is NOT -- , , or (or so I think).

-- Guy

?

岡 ?