Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Japanese Army Dogs

Article about: I love this hobby and I also love dogs so naturally I fell into the groove of collecting photos of Japanese war dogs. Here are some I've come up with but my "holy grail" in this ar

Default Japanese Army Dogs

I love this hobby and I also love dogs so naturally I fell into the groove of collecting photos of Japanese war dogs. Here are some I've come up with but my "holy grail" in this area of collecting is to find an original message collar. I did find a US war dog message collar but I'm still looking for a Japanese example. I only have the photos at the end of this to go by on what they look like.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Army Dogs   Japanese Army Dogs  

Japanese Army Dogs   Japanese Army Dogs  

There really is no bond on Earth quite the same as the one shared by man and dog. I can only imagine that bond is strengthend by the test and pressure of war. Although simply animals to some they are soldiers and law enforcement officers in my eyes, willing to lay down their life for their partner willingly. Great images,thanks for sharing, I hope one day you will come across the collar you seek. Best regards.

Brian

Great photos, thanks for sharing. My question is how did German dogs understand Japanese?
    John

MAP
    ?

Great photos. My 70 lbs mutt is my shadow and is sitting right next to me now
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks! Golden Retrievers have become my favorite and I have two of them now. Gunner is almost 13 and Parker is about 3 years old. I have had three others but they are gone now but not forgotten. I once had a German Shepherd (amazingly smart dog) and have had other mixed breed critters and all of them were 'once in a lifetime' dogs. I've been truly blessed when it comes to dogs.

AIF
    ?

Exellent pics, love the one of the doggie wearing the flag and naval cap! I can only agree with the sentiments about dogs in wartime, my uncle was a combat tracker with the doggies in Vietnam they used half breed black labs they were their mates and fellow soldiers rolled into one and saved their lives on more than one occasion.

A little off topic but for those interested in war dogs I read a fantastic book a few years back called A soldier's best friend by John Burnam he was an American scout dog handler in Vietnam and while I generally don't read much about Vietnam let alone Americans in Vietnam once I started I just couldn't put this book down.

https://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-7867-1137-6

Thanks for posting these interesting pics.

Cheers
    Luke.

Just wanted to add, those are indeed incredible photos. Thanks for showing them.

Jay

If you enjoy dog photos, here are some for you. Note that dogs also got Yosegaki flags and got awards from 1st to 3rd classes depending on their field achievements.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Army Dogs   Japanese Army Dogs  

Japanese Army Dogs  
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese Army Dogs  Japanese Army Dogs 

Here a 1st Class Dog Collar. The other photo shows also those for horses and pigeons.

Attached Images Attached Images Japanese Army Dogs  Japanese Army Dogs 
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 09-13-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Great photos Nick! Thank you
    That is an impressive collar. Was it used for dress occasions? Now, I'll need to find one like that as well as the message collar

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast