Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Book on the Russian Army

Article about: I have an interesting book about the Russian military to share. It contains other drawings and foldouts of Russian soldiers and equipment beyond those that I show. I obtained the book severa

?

Default Japanese Book on the Russian Army

I have an interesting book about the Russian military to share. It contains other drawings and foldouts of Russian soldiers and equipment beyond those that I show. I obtained the book several years ago with a group of other Japanese documents. Any information that can be given would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Book on the Russian Army   Japanese Book on the Russian Army  

Japanese Book on the Russian Army   Japanese Book on the Russian Army  

Japanese Book on the Russian Army  

?

I think this is a general information booklet on the Soviet army that was created and distributed by the Military Reservist Association. A desirable collectible. If you don't mind me asking, what other documents did you pick up with this booklet?

Tom

?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your help! I believe that you have identified other Japanese documents for me in the past year or so. This book came in a mixed lot that belonged to at least two soldiers. One of the soldiers was a doctor named Yoshio Kijima who served in China. Interestingly, Kijima's diary mentions the beginning of the war with America and Britain, and the end of the conflict with the bombing of Hiroshima. Kijima was appointed to a position at a hospital in Tokoyo within months of the Japanese surrender. I would like to find out more about Kijima but not sure about how best to have this done.

The grouping includes post.al receipts, letters, diaries, among other items. I'm not sure if this book belonged to Kijima or the other soldier(s) mentioned. I could take additional detail photos if that might provide additional clues.

I will try post other documents from this collection soon.

Thanks again.

Tom

?

Oh, that's right. Thank you for sharing!

Tom