MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Civil Defense Helmet Help Please

Article about: I picked up this lid as a civil defense helmet in rough condition. The shape is not normal since it has been abused. I am not sure if Japanese helmet??? The painted markings look more Thai b

Default Japanese Civil Defense Helmet Help Please

I picked up this lid as a civil defense helmet in rough condition. The shape is not normal since it has been abused. I am not sure if Japanese helmet??? The painted markings look more Thai but I am lacking knowledge. The paper tag on the top is interesting as I have not seen before. May have been many under the liner that I have not noticed. Not sure. Help appreciated. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Japanese Civil Defense Helmet Help PleaseJapanese Civil Defense Helmet Help PleaseJapanese Civil Defense Helmet Help PleaseJapanese Civil Defense Helmet Help PleaseJapanese Civil Defense Helmet Help PleaseJapanese Civil Defense Helmet Help PleaseJapanese Civil Defense Helmet Help PleaseJapanese Civil Defense Helmet Help PleaseJapanese Civil Defense Helmet Help Please

What's written is 水島 family name of Mizushima and 砲工, which is an abbreviated dept name of his work station, something to do with large bore gun maintenance or engineering.

Thank you information and translation Nick, Much appreciated. I will do some additional searching. Is it safe to assume a factory worker with a name in the lid? Was this common to do? Could this be a worker at the Port of Mizushima? I could not definitively find if this was a port during the war years.
    John