Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese civilian fire helmet

Article about: Here is a firemens helmet I picked in Japan with some other stuff. I don’t think I have seen one posted before so I thought I would give it a post of its own. I’ve been hoping to stumble acr

?

Default Japanese civilian fire helmet

Here is a firemens helmet I picked in Japan with some other stuff. I don’t think I have seen one posted before so I thought I would give it a post of its own. I’ve been hoping to stumble across one of these for some time.

Although it is not in the best shape, it is exactly what I wanted, well used and definitely ‘been there’. I tis complete, one of the rear straps is broken, the neck cover and helmet both have burn marks on them.

?

Nice example.

Wow, you don't see these too often! Very nice!

?

A real nice find !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Quote by christek View Post
    Wow, you don't see these too often! Very nice!
    Thanks, they turn up on e-bay from Japan based sellers regularly, it's never been high enough on my list for the full investment so I was pleased to come across this one....now I need the civilian helmet with the neck cape to go with it!
    Steve.

Nice one Steve I myself couldn't resist picking one up myself! also from a Japanese seller.They just have a great look to them. I also came across a higher ranks version with additional metal banding on the helmet to indicate rank.I'm not sure what rank it is but an interesting helmet just the same. Regards,Geoff