Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Combat tunics

Article about: I need some opinions on these jackets, if possible. Thanks Cheers. Nuno

Default Japanese Combat tunics

I need some opinions on these jackets, if possible.
    Thanks
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Combat tunics   Japanese Combat tunics  

Japanese Combat tunics   Japanese Combat tunics  

Default Re: Japanese Combat tunics

2ND one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Combat tunics   Japanese Combat tunics  

Japanese Combat tunics   Japanese Combat tunics  

Nuno....although not my sphere of collecting, I had an interest a couple of decades ago....I do not like either of these tunics, the first one looks IMO to be a movie prop, material looks far too "limp" (there is no other way to describe !) and I have not seen lining like that on a Japanese tunic, the second one is of a pattern I have not seen before....and may be as the first...the stampings seem crisp and clear, however, I have been informed by a fellow collector that the stamping blocks for these stamps are being reproduced ! lets see what others have to say.....but IMO I believe them to be fake. Have a look at this dealers Jap stock.. Stewarts Military Antiques - militaria, collectables, photography and books
    Prost ! Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Nuno....although not my sphere of collecting, I had an interest a couple of decades ago....I do not like either of these tunics, the first one looks IMO to be a movie prop, material looks far too "limp" (there is no other way to describe !) and I have not seen lining like that on a Japanese tunic, the second one is of a pattern I have not seen before....and may be as the first...the stampings seem crisp and clear, however, I have been informed by a fellow collector that the stamping blocks for these stamps are being reproduced ! lets see what others have to say.....but IMO I believe them to be fake. Have a look at this dealers Japanese stock.. Stewarts Military Antiques - militaria, collectables, photography and books
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thank you for the reply, another photo from the second jacket.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Combat tunics  

?

No looks good to me.

Cheers

Ed

Quote by Edmil View Post
    No looks good to me.

Cheers

Ed
    Gracias Ed.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

After looking closer, these indeed look strange.
    I also agree with Steve`s opinion, the first appears to be a prop.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Not like either of my 2. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.