Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese dog tag

Article about: had this on my wall for years. can I please get a translation? thank you

Default Japanese dog tag

had this on my wall for years. can I please get a translation? thank you
    Japanese dog tag

?

Far left column is soldier #105. Middle is company #1. Column for unit designation at far right is blank.

Tom

Thank you very much. After reading through the stickies and your translation it would appear that a line is missing. Did they always put the unit?
    Last edited by jeeplover; 12-30-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Okay instead of constantly editing. Only explanation I could find is he had not been assigned to a unit. I have no way to link because I'm on a cell phone. If you read the sticky it will take you to another thread where it is talked about a unit may have been left off if the person was not assigned to a unit yet. if I misunderstood that please correct me

?

I feel it would be more in line with an unissued tag not being used by a unit. It could be there were plenty of 1st companies pre stamped, with their accompanying numbers of the soldiers in the company pre stamped as well, just waiting for unit ID completion when needed. Wish there was more "sausage making" details on this type of thing. I can see your thoughts on the the guy having the tag, but find it hard to believe that a soldier would have such a "generic" tag in his possession for any length of time.

Tom

?

Quote by tomp View Post
    I feel it would be more in line with an unissued tag not being used by a unit. It could be there were plenty of 1st companies pre stamped, with their accompanying numbers of the soldiers in the company pre stamped as well, just waiting for unit ID completion when needed. Wish there was more "sausage making" details on this type of thing. I can see your thoughts on the the guy having the tag, but find it hard to believe that a soldier would have such a "generic" tag in his possession for any length of time.

Tom
    I fully agree with Tom, unissued tag prestamped with company and soldier number.