Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese dog tag on Ebay

Article about: Hello again, Last time this forum was great help so im curios if someone has some Info on this japanese dog tag on ebay "6167" refers to the Training Shipping Group, but what does

?

Default Japanese dog tag on Ebay

Hello again,
    Last time this forum was great help so im curios if someone has some Info on this japanese dog tag on ebay "6167" refers to the Training Shipping Group, but what does the other stuff on the tag mean Above and below his number "246" and the 2 characters under the unit????

Best regards.
    - Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese dog tag on Ebay  

I think that is fake as it does not follow the correct stamping convention and wording.

?

A Fake... Are you sure???? I have one similar tag to that same type of font... the "akatsuki" character and the numbers are the same... I know it doesnt have a company but maybe just a Training tag etc.

What do the characters on its own mean that are on it do you know that?

- Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese dog tag on Ebay  

The second one is original, stamped according to regulations. It's not the font, but the wrong wording that makes the first example a fake.

?

Ok so you think its more so Post war enhanced, stamped more on to it to make it Look better or so.
    Thats possible... Those were exactly the characters i wanted to know more about guess its all gibberish.

Thanks
    - Ben

No, a ground up fake, not postwar enhanced. It is also missing a character and the entire configuration is wrong. You should black list the seller to avoid all future transactions, as he'll soon fix the mistakes I pointed out.

?

Nick,
    I still dont get why he marked it partially correctly and added on stuff without meaning later... Seems like he had no clue about japanese dog tags, but unit and number and kanji are correct.

thanks anyhow
    - Ben

As I already said, nothing was added later. All stampings were recently done, using newly faked stamping dies. No part of that tag is wartime. He has the correct stamps, so next time he'll do it right, which is why he is so dangerous and needs to be blacklisted for any future tag sales.