Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Dog Tag Translation

Article about: Hello again, Could somebody translate this dog tag… it was offered to me among others, the other ones are not to interesting but this one here seems a bit more special… also if somebody

?

Default Japanese Dog Tag Translation

Hello again,
    Could somebody translate this dog tag… it was offered to me among others, the other ones are not to interesting but this one here seems a bit more special… also if somebody knows what the wood thing says/was used for I would appreciate aswell (I turned the picture of the wood tag around on suspicion it’s the wrong way around in picture 1).

Best regards.
    - Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Dog Tag Translation   Japanese Dog Tag Translation  

Japanese Dog Tag Translation  

Hideo Tada, Infantry 2nd Lt. The wooden tag is a good luck charm from Narita-san Temple, but which of the 20 temples in Japan, known as Narita-san, the tag comes from cannot be said. The most famous one is the one near Narita Tokyo International Airport.

?

Thank you Nick,
    Good work as always… I guess I will pick the tag up… the tag is beautiful worn looking and I don’t think it’s too common to get the tags still on string and with that good luck charm on there aswell.