Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese dogtag

Article about: Can anyone help with this unit? Thanks in advance.

Default Japanese dogtag

Can anyone help with this unit?
    Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese dogtag  
    Last edited by paul kennedy; 10-23-2020 at 11:50 AM.

We need to see a tag before we can say which dog.

A Japanese camouflaged tag perhaps?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Oops!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese dogtag  

?

Super nice one-looker "depot" tag. Don't have my numbers with me, but I am sure someone will chime in. Been following this for awhile. Didn't think "the juice was worth the squeeze" originally, but don't know anymore. Seems like somewhat of a drought these days online for a whole spectrum of nice, authentic items.

Tom

When this man joined, the war was already in full swing, so the tag only got stamped from the middle line saying "East 59", which stood for the replacement unit for the 32nd Inft. Rgt. After that boot camp, he was sent out to join unit 1160, which stood for General HQ of the Southern Expeditionary Army Group.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    When this man joined, the war was already in full swing, so the tag only got stamped from the middle line saying "East 59", which stood for the replacement unit for the 32nd Inft. Rgt. After that boot camp, he was sent out to join unit 1160, which stood for General HQ of the Southern Expeditionary Army Group.
    Very interesting. Where was the Southern Expeditionary Army Group headquartered?

They started out in Saigon in late 1941, then unto Singapore, further to Manila in Spring 1944. Then back to Dalat, Vietnam in November 1944, where they stayed till the end of the war.

Thank you very much.