Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese eHelmet

Article about: Hi Need Help. Have this WW2 Japanese Helmet. Would like to know what it is. Not sure if Civil Defense or Army Combat or something else.

Default Japanese eHelmet

Hi Need Help. Have this WW2 Japanese Helmet. Would like to know what it is. Not sure if Civil Defense or Army Combat or something else.Japanese eHelmetJapanese eHelmetJapanese eHelmetJapanese eHelmetJapanese eHelmet

It appears to be civilian. The combat helmet liner is quite different. Neil

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    The combat helmet liner is quite different. Neil
    I agree, and the first thing I noticed.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here is a combat helmet. Note the difference in the star, liner, chin strap and the way the liner is connected to the helmet. The helmet you have appears to be in good shape though and certainly has some collectible value. Neil

ATTACH=CONFIG]1450369[/ATTACH]Japanese eHelmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese eHelmet  

The shell has a different shape.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I can't find a matching style for Japanese Civil Defense. It may be something else entirely so others need to chime in. NH

Here's a late Civil I have for a comparison.

MAP
    ?

I don't know much about the various types of Civi's or their construction, but there was certainly another liner in this helmet at one time. IMHO, the two rivets on the rear (can't see the sides but assume they are similar as viewed from the inside photos) have been added, in order to hold this jury rigged liner

Post war messed with I think or re-used by another country.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Civil appear to have more of a flared shell on the visor. Here’s another example.
    Japanese eHelmetJapanese eHelmet

I would say its a civilian helmet shell.

I used to collect these and there are so many variants and designs. In my experience these were made from various different types of metals; steel, iron, aluminum style metals and also of hardened fiber or cardboard. I have seen many different styles of liners. As stated above, this liner has been changed at some point and I have not yet seen this style of liner in a civil helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese eHelmet   Japanese eHelmet  

Japanese eHelmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese eHelmet  Japanese eHelmet 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast