Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Flag + Dog Tag Translation

Article about: Hello, Could someone maybe translate this Japanese Flag, I’m looking for the main information on the Japanese soldier it belonged too… would love to do some more research on it, the flag

?

Default Japanese Flag + Dog Tag Translation

Hello,
    Could someone maybe translate this Japanese Flag, I’m looking for the main information on the Japanese soldier it belonged too… would love to do some more research on it, the flag was captured by a US Soldier of the 155th infantry regiment of the 31 Infantry Division „Dixie Division“ most likely on Morotai Island (i take that info from the capture papers that came with the group mentioning the flag and the date he was allowed to keep the flag in his possession)… maybe somebody can read a name, unit, where he was from or other vital information????

Thanks already.
    - Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Flag + Dog Tag Translation  

?

And here a photo of the Dog Tag, I think it should be 1st Lieutenant… Name???… 1309 = 2nd Division Signal Unit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Flag + Dog Tag Translation  

The flag was presented to Gijiro Yoshida by the Women's Association of Suwa Kawaharacho (Probably the Kawaharacho in Yokkaichi, Mie Prefecture today).
    Most signatures seem to be from little kids around 6 years old, hence the unattractive hand-writing and hand-made appearance and the practice of addressing Yoshida as "Unky".

You will not find unit information in these flags, as you would have been arrested for adding such content as I explained here.

The only way of researching further is to find out which divisional district Mie belonged to and then to break it down to regiment level and their histories.

The tag was for medical 1st Lt. Kougo Kumasaka

?

Ok i see, so these women are not related to him???? I’ve heard often female that signed these would be from the family or not???? Maybe his children signed aswell????

Even Medical Lieutenant that’s neat didn’t know that.

Thanks for your help Nick, I appreciate it.
    - Ben

There are several Yoshidas signing as well, so his family is included, too.

?

Ok i See thank you very much, again.
    - Ben