Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese flag at griffin

Article about: Hello I have just bought this flag from MR Griffin in Whom i trust my friends put me in doubt on their originality . For you flag any good ? Thank you cedric Named WWII Japanese Personal Goo

?

Default Japanese flag at griffin

Hello
    I have just bought this flag from MR Griffin in Whom i trust my friends put me in doubt on their originality .
    For you flag any good ?
    Thank you cedric
    Named WWII Japanese Personal Good Luck Flag Signed by a General, an Admiral, and other Notables 26-1/2 Inches by 33 Inches – Griffin Militaria

MAP
    ?

Please post photos directly to the forum. Links are not allowed. The link will go dead in a while and the thread will be useless.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

L sorry haven’t received the flag yet and can’t extract a photo from the ad .

Use "windows button + Shift + S" ... that is the snipping tool. '
    Draw a box around the picture with your mouse and then you can save the image to your computer as a jpeg.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

The site doesn't restrict the saving of photos. Just right click and save the photos.

Here is one I did

Japanese flag at griffin
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I I’m sorry I understand that photos are better than the link , but I don’t have a computer with me except my phone because I’m not at home .

CSW
    ?

Here are the other pictures for you, posting from my phone as well

Japanese flag at griffin Japanese flag at griffin

Japanese flag at griffin Japanese flag at griffin

And the seller's translation of the writings:

1. “Prayers for Eternal Good Fortune in Combat”.

2. For Mr. Fukunaga, Takeo.

3. Viscount Inoue Tadashiro, President, Institute of Technology (Viscount Tadashirō Inoue, April 30, 1876 to March 18, 1959, was Japanese engineer and politician during the Meiji era, the Taisho era, and the Showa era. He was a former ambassador to Great Britain before becoming Japan’s Minister of Railways, and he had also lived in Germany and America at the turn of the century. He became familiar with the work of American architect Frank Lloyd Wright and he commissioned Wright to design a hilltop home for him in Mejiro, Tokyo. Wright designed the home but it was never built, apparently due to the anticipated cost of maintenance. The elegant, two-story mansion, in late Prairie style, was to have a one-story wing on the northeast, tatami rooms on the west, and a three-car garage and chauffeur’s quarters).

4. Wada Koroku (Koroku Wada was a naval architecture and aeronautics expert, as well as a pioneer of education reform).

5. The slogan “Loyalty & Bravery”.

6. The slogan “Selflessness”.

7. Army Lieutenant General Okada Jūichirō (a General of the Aviation branch, he was an honors graduate of the Army Engineering & Artillery Higher Academy).

8. The signature of Navy Rear Admiral Tsukahara Mori (written in “soshou”, or “grass writing”. Rear Admiral Tsukahara was born in Ibaraki prefecture, and after graduating as a Navy technical student at the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Tokyo in 1918, he was a Rear Admiral in the Aviation Technology Headquarters in 1945, and a Director of the Science Department of the Aircraft Factory. He was the General Manager of the Production Engineering Department and a leader in the development and production of World War II Navy aircraft).

9. Army Avionics Technology Colonel Takase Koji.

10. Navy Technical Captain [Colonel] Hanada Masaaki (he would later rise to the rank of Vice Admiral.

I did the translation and research for Dan Griffin. These were technical flag officers and naval captains [colonel equivalent] who signed the flag. I doubt this was forged as the one signatory, Wada Koroku, is relatively unknown -- only if you google-search his name will you find him.

Facebook: link with photo.

Koroku Wada - Wikidata

cache.

Why do your friends have doubts about the flag?

-- Guy

?

R M Thank you for having put the photos, the person is surprised that this flag bears so many signatures of officers from where his questioning on its originality .

These were all members of the Technology Institute, established in Jan. 1942, which is why there are so many military officers from the army and navy.

The main signatory, Inoue served as first Governor until Dec. 1944, while Lt. General Okada joined on 1st Nov. 1943, so this flag was signed sometime between Nov. 1943 and Dec. 1944.

The guy, Fukunaga, who received this flag was a civilian working at the Engineering Standards Dept of this institute, in charge of aviation standards.

The Institute was a fairly small organization, so a complete listing of all its employees as of 1st Nov. 1943 is in the archives (cover shown below). Fukunaga's name is in this listing, next to a Takahashi that comes with a comment above that he was currently in military service. That would mean Fukunaga got drafted after this list was made, in late 1944.

So this flag was done, late 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese flag at griffin   Japanese flag at griffin  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast