Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Flag translation assistance needed

Article about: I have had this flag in my collection for several years, do not recall where it came from but I have been going through some old photos and would like some assistance in translating what it

Default Japanese Flag translation assistance needed

I have had this flag in my collection for several years, do not recall where it came from but I have been going through some old photos and would like some assistance in translating what it says. I know these have been faked quite often so I am once again leaning on the expertise of those who have more knowledge on this subject..Looking at some close up pictures of the characters they do not appear to have been done by a marker, but rather it looks like fine brush strokes on some of the characters. Would like some of the more informed to let me know what they think..

And once again, thanks to all who help, and to those who look at the images..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Flag translation assistance needed   Japanese Flag translation assistance needed  

Japanese Flag translation assistance needed   Japanese Flag translation assistance needed  

Japanese Flag translation assistance needed   Japanese Flag translation assistance needed  

Japanese Flag translation assistance needed  

The usual "Wish you Everlasting Fortunes in Battle" and presented by the Youth Group from Kadena Broadway in Okinawa. I guess it was supposed to be signed by the members of the group, and was held in stock with the basic inscriptions only, but remained unissued.

Nick,

Thank you for the information.. Your wealth of knowledge in this area is incredible..

Smitty

?

You are very talented. I've been at a loss for quite some time. Could you provide any nsight into mine? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Japanese Flag translation assistance neededJapanese Flag translation assistance needed

MAP
    ?

Quote by Cwrenn View Post
    You are very talented. I've been at a loss for quite some time. Could you provide any nsight into mine? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Japanese Flag translation assistance neededJapanese Flag translation assistance needed
    Cwrenn,

Again welcome. I know you are new so will give you some tips.

1) Please post items in a NEW thread and not attach to existing threads.
    2) Please rotate your photos so members can read them. If you are uploading them from a phone, the pictures are often rotated incorrectly. Best to download them to a PC, rotate them properly and then upload them.

Regards,

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I will get this figured out. I realize that I'll make mistakes as I learn. I'm just excited about my new hobby but equally frustrated because I don't know what half of it really is. I'm trying though...

MAP
    ?

No worries. Just pointing you down the right path.

So if you are new to this hobby we have some advice.

1) Study - Quality reference books, threads, etc.
    2) Study before you post (it is the best way to learn - you might not find your answer but you will learn a lot)
    3) If at ALL possible, post an item before you buy. It will save you lots of heartache and $$
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Good advice . Thank you. Unfortunately I've already purchased ove $10K, so I'm learning many things the hard way

Your first flag is a complete fake made by a non-Japanese. It has similar writing style to the Tojo flags done by US CBs, so it could be a variation of a GI made flag.

The second one is a legitimate original and actually shows nice calligraphy done by well educated people. It was presented by Kanjiro and Saburo Ohnawa to a Hidemasa Tahara, who joined the army.