Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese flags

Article about: Hello there! Please share your opinion about the flags. The images, unfortunately, are only like this...

Default Japanese flags

Hello there! Please share your opinion about the flags. The images, unfortunately, are only like this...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese flags   Japanese flags  

I'm not comfortable with the first flag. It says it was presented to classmate/school friend Kusaka.
    After the main maxim "Prayers for Continued Luck in the Fortunes of War" is the name "2nd Company Commander, Ozawa Akira" -- it does not mention his rank. It sounds like the flag might be from a military school since many of the signers are 2nd Lieutenants. I've seldom seen a flag with so many officer signatures. (I'm not an expert or collector; just my observation.) All-in-all, I'd wait until Nick Komiya comments before purchasing this flag.

The second flag looks fine to me although there is no recipient named (that I could find).

-- Guy
    Last edited by ghp95134; 01-11-2021 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Change "for" > until

I think both are OK, but the second one is a total bore. First one appears to be from classmates at an officer's academy, but the critical area (right edge) is out of focus and can't be read, so it depends on that.

Thank you very much, Guy and Nick! Unfortunately, I can not add anything better, the images are terrible, perhaps deliberately made poorly... Here's what we managed to extract... forgive me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese flags   Japanese flags  

Those are readable .... 贈 "gift", 為 "for" and the recipient's name 日下 "Kusaka" , and his 戦友 "War Buddy" 石黒 "Ishiguro" next to him.

I think Nick is talking about the area I've circled below:
    Japanese flags

-- Guy

Let me thank you again,dear Guy! Perhaps later I can find out what is hidden from our view. Thank you and Nick for your quick answers and attention to my topic! Sincerely, Tim

Hello dear gentlemen! I added a few more pictures. Maybe they will help you understand the origin of the flags...
    thank you very much in advance!

Japanese flags   Japanese flags  

Forgive me for asking so many questions! If possible, please give a brief information on this flag...
    Thank you very much and good health to all of you!

Japanese flags  

The first flag is now revealed to be presented to "Kinichiro Kusakabe, our class mate". Judging by the fact that his mates are first and second lieutenants, the class must have been Infantry School, etc.

Second flag is still a total bore.

Third flag is quite nice, as everyone is contributing unique maxims of wisdom, and calligraphy is good.

Thanks again, Nick!
    With great respect to you, Tim