Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Grenade: Type 4

Article about: Third of three Japanese grenades. I believe this one to be a Type 4 ceramic. Any feedback on it would be appreciated. Thanks.

?

Default Japanese Grenade: Type 4

Third of three Japanese grenades. I believe this one to be a Type 4 ceramic. Any feedback on it would be appreciated. Thanks.

?

That was develope from navy was used in Iwojima and Okinawa, the ignition sistem was different respect that in your (worst reproduction?)

?

Agreed, Original Ceramic grenade with a string for unknown purpose added and a Bamboo? plug, set in to look like a fuse? wrong set up for these.

PG-

?

Ones that sit flat are hard to find. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Cord was for transport in the belt, normally in origin this grenade was inside a rubber case, the igniter was rubber too and the part to be ignited was flush with the hole, the rubber cap had a rough part inside to rub it and ignite the grenade.

?

here the scheme of type 4 jp — ImgBB

For archival purposes:

Does anyone know if black was a 'normal' color for these grenades? I'm tracking several discussion of black-painted weapons (swords, rifles, even helmets) where the black color was not standard, and applied after the factory paint job. I saw some pics of black-painted grenades and wondered if the color is standard/normal for this weapon.

I know it is a different animal however, here are a couple of pics of my Type 97 and it is indeed painted Black.Japanese Grenade: Type 4Japanese Grenade: Type 4

?

The black you see in the scheme Is not Paint but a Rubber thin envelope used to prevent damages

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast