Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Helmet With Nicer Chin Straps?

Article about: Another helmet that is available. Paint not in great condition but looks like chin straps are intact, if original. Have not viewed it in person so cannot measure their length. Not sure if th

?

Default Japanese Helmet With Nicer Chin Straps?

Another helmet that is available. Paint not in great condition but looks like chin straps are intact, if original. Have not viewed it in person so cannot measure their length.

Not sure if the liner is correct. Any comments are appreciated. I would like to find one with better paint and am willing to wait. Thanks for looking.

?

Wait for a better one. I think the liner is not original to the helmet and the chinstraps don't match that condition, they are very clean, possibly reproduction.

Read this to know what's wrong with the strap in this thread.

If the chinstrap is a long one piece strap simply threaded through two rings and the loop in the back, it's a fake. Instead a shorter section should be anchored to the ring on one's left-hand side.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Helmet With Nicer Chin Straps?  
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 02-13-2021 at 02:56 PM.

?

Looks like a Nakata restored helmet. Original shell, usually repaired (If you look carefully you may be able to find where extra holes from the Thai postwar liner was), repro everything else. I bought one in Japan back in the 80s and it has that same shade of brown paint.

?

Thank you. I passed on it. Will wait until the right one comes along.

- - ------- - -

Thank you Nick. I will keep this image and comments for future reference.

MAP
    ?

While I normally avoid ebay at all costs...Good Japanese helmets do show up often.

Of course vet them here before you purchase.

Sometimes you can get lucky and find a nice one at a very fair price.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks MAP. It actually sold at auction. Of course, when you buy something at auction there are no returns (in most cases). And I could not be there in person to examine it. So I passed on it.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Bobby View Post
    Thanks MAP. It actually sold at auction. Of course, when you buy something at auction there are no returns (in most cases). And I could not be there in person to examine it. So I passed on it.
    Yes. Just saying that you can actually fine nice original Japanese helmets on EBay. Just another option for you.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)