MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese helmet shell

Article about: This is a little different shell. It was painted green for camoflage and came from Saipan. It was picked up by a Navy Seabee in a machine gun bunker after the Island was secured. Unfortunate

?

Default Japanese helmet shell

This is a little different shell.
    It was painted green for camoflage and came from Saipan. It was picked up by a Navy Seabee in a machine gun bunker after the Island was secured.
    Unfortunately it laid on a dirt floor in his garage for some time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese helmet shell   Japanese helmet shell  

Japanese helmet shell   Japanese helmet shell  

Japanese helmet shell  

Default Re: Japanese helmet shell

A really great looking helmet, I cant really tell though that is the rust on top the the camo or below? Its really nice to know where the helmet came from too

Nice helmet, thanks for posting it. Do you know anything else about the vet?

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Nice helmet, thanks for posting it. Do you know anything else about the vet?
    Mr Shorter was in his early 40s during the war and lived to be 97 living in Welch Oklahoma when he passed away. I met him at the Miami VFW in the late 80s he had this shell and another one that had a shrapnel hole in it plus some Japanese Army helmet stars and some Japanese marine helmet anchors and other small stuff. He was a nice guy.

?

Quote by Poromies View Post
    A really great looking helmet, I cant really tell though that is the rust on top the the camo or below? Its really nice to know where the helmet came from too
    It is rust from laying on a dirt floor out in his garage.

?

Thats a great looking relic helmet Steve , i`d love one of these , thanks for showing it
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...