Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?

Article about: I have a Kogatana blade with a nice Kozuka handle, as part of my Wakizashi. It fits in the slot in my scabbard. I have not taken the sword apart to determine the age or maker but there is wr

?

Default Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?

I have a Kogatana blade with a nice Kozuka handle, as part of my Wakizashi. It fits in the slot in my scabbard. I have not taken the sword apart to determine the age or maker but there is writing on the Kogatana. I would like some help interpreting what it says. Thank you in advance.Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?

To me it looks like:
    近江守入道国正
    Omi [no] Kami ** Kunimasa
    I’m not certain about the 入道 part.

I’m not a collector, so that’s all i can tell you.

— Guy

?

Very nice. Looks like it fits quite well
    I have a slot in my saya for one of these on my wakizashi and have thought about adding one of these to it.but my collecting interest have changed and have put that idea on the back burner.
    It would be interesting to see the tang. (nakago)

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I have taken a couple of pictures of the entire blade. I hope this is what you are looking for. I still hope I can get a translation from one of the experts on here.Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?

The closest I can find is:
    http://yokoken5.onamae.jp/sou4/touko...5/toko555.html

国正 くにまさ Kunimasa
    元禄 Genroku Era (1688 - 1704)
    武蔵 Musashi Prefecture (mostly Tokyo metro area today)
    近江守源国正 Omi no Kami Minamoto Kunimasa

And those two mystery kanji I mentioned do NOT look like 源.

?

Quote by 7309 View Post
    I have taken a couple of pictures of the entire blade. I hope this is what you are looking for. I still hope I can get a translation from one of the experts on here.Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?Japanese Kogatana, as part of my Wakizashi. Can you help me interpret it?
    Thank you for doing that one, But I was asking about the wakizashi..

Semper Fi
    Phil