Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Naval Landing force soft hat large size!

Article about: This is a rare bugger in a large size. It fits my 7.5” head nicely.

Default Japanese Naval Landing force soft hat large size!

This is a rare bugger in a large size. It fits my 7.5” head nicely.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Naval Landing force soft hat large size!   Japanese Naval Landing force soft hat large size!  

Japanese Naval Landing force soft hat large size!   Japanese Naval Landing force soft hat large size!  

?

Nice hat with the sewn in label.

It’s a Navy field cap though, not Naval Landing force.

Regards

Russ

How so?

?

Everyone seems to think their cap with an anchor on it is NLF. It isn’t. This is the most common Navy field cap encountered, although having a sewn in label makes it slightly less common but still the most common style.

The true NLF caps have a wool body with a 2 piece felt anchor insignia and are rarely seen.

What makes you think this is NLF?

Regards

Russ

It has rugged sage green material.. certainly not ship board use... could have been assigned to a ground -based Naval Air activity but land based none the less.

- - ------- - -

I have a leather belt with alum buckle that fits the same category...could have been used by both

?

I didn’t say it was for shipboard use. I said it was a Navy field cap, used in the field.

It is not A Naval Landing Force cap.

Regards

Russ

What did they do in the field?

?

As Russ said regardless of anchor it was used by navy. Same can be said for helmets with anchor. Unless there's handwritten kanji that proves NLF use its navy! There were many navy land garrison troops (navy engineers, construction, supply etc) & not all were NLF! Regarding cap it is absolutely the most common variation & size doesn't mean much.

Does anyone have an image of an NLF hat?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast