Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese navy field cap: Authentic WW II?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about this navy(?) field cap please? What do you think, it's authentic WW II? With best wishes alter musketier

Default Japanese navy field cap: Authentic WW II?

Dear all,

May I ask you about this navy(?) field cap please? What do you think, it's authentic WW II?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Japanese navy field cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese navy field cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese navy field cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese navy field cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese navy field cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese navy field cap: Authentic WW II?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

It certainly has the look of a well used field cap.
    I love the field repairs on it.

looks very very salty but ok..be aware there are some very good copies of this type of hat going around

Dear SteveR, Dear wizardman,

Thank you very much for your evaluations.

Quote by wizardman View Post
    looks very very salty but ok..be aware there are some very good copies of this type of hat going around
    Maybe is there a way to recognize a copy by pictures please?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Not really mate..they are very good..i bought one at a market in Tokyo at Christmas im not sure on..i could go either way and i have a few..so very hard..i think the forum needs a thread on them

?

Looks like an original to me that's suffered some mice damage or?from storage. I don't see any field repairs. Looks like an unissued cap. This variation is the most common