MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese NCO Type 95 sword fuchi stamps

Article about: Folks I have a Japanese NCOType 95 sword that I'd appreciate some help with identifying the fuchi stamps. I believe one represents the Tokyo Arsenal, but I'm unsure of the other stamp. Any a

Default Japanese NCO Type 95 sword fuchi stamps

Folks
    I have a Japanese NCOType 95 sword that I'd appreciate some help with identifying the fuchi stamps.
    I believe one represents the Tokyo Arsenal, but I'm unsure of the other stamp.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Cheers
    RT
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese NCO Type 95 sword fuchi stamps   Japanese NCO Type 95 sword fuchi stamps  

higashi/tō [east]

Contraction of
    東京
    Tōkyō [eastern capital]

-- Guy

?

RT,
    I’m sorry to tell you that this is not genuine.
    It is a replica

Quote by stegel View Post
    ...It is a replica

I’m sorry to tell you that this is not genuine.
    It is a replica
    Yup, sorry Ranger Tom

Yes, I saw that. Definitely a fake, sorry! When my dad died, I got his Mantetsu officer gunto. It was missing a lot of parts. I got a real nice tsuba/seppa set from a Japanese seller, and started looking for a scabbard I could scavenge for the rest. The one I bought turned out to be a BAD fake! I still have it. Don't want it to but used on the market to deceive anyone else. Study the gunto on Ohmura's site: Military Swords of Imperial Japan (GuntM) He's got fabulous examples. The guys that fight counterfeit money study the real thing. So when a counterfeit shows up, the errors leap out at them.

Thanks Bruce, I'm planning of contacting the seller to see if I can get a refund. Its a large firearms shop that also sells militaria (bayonets etc) so I'm going to use 'bought in good faith' and their reputation at risk angle (their advert said WW2 NCO sword GC matching numbers etc etc). So I'm assuming the fuchi stamps are the main identifiers for a fake item. Is there anything else likely to give it away from what you could see?
    Thanks in advance

Tom,
    Here's a few I don't know how to imbed pics in a PM, so I'm having to post them at the bottom:
    The Kokura stamp is wrong, they look like Photo 2
    The Tokyo Inspector stamp is too big, and upside down, center stamp on Photo 2
    There is no contractor stamp. Example of one on left side of Photo 2
    The stamps claim this blade is made for the Tokyo 1st Arsenal, but ALL, and I mean ALL Tokyo blade serial numbers are read with the cutting edge of the blade down. This one is stamped with numbers that have to be read with the cutting edge up. That is ONLY seen on blades made for the Nagoya Arsenal - no exceptions!
    The inspection "TO" mark by the serial number is too big, example in Photo 1
    The fuller groove starts way to far down the blade for a legit Type 95, example in Photo 1, no exceptions
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese NCO Type 95 sword fuchi stamps  
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese NCO Type 95 sword fuchi stamps 

MAP
    ?

Gents,

Any details you can give to RangerTom to help him out so he understands what is wrong with this piece?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Moved a few comments from the New Users Approval Section to this discussion.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast