Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

japanese post cards

Article about: I have posted these on other sites in the past. I have a ideal what they say but have never had them translated all the way any help would be nice. thank you very much.

Default japanese post cards

I have posted these on other sites in the past. I have a ideal what they say but have never had them translated all the way any help would be nice. thank you very much.japanese post cardsjapanese post cardsjapanese post cardsjapanese post cards

If a gist of what's written is not enough, you need to hire a professional translator.

this is what I got for one
    It's been a long time. I suppose you are working fine. Don't worry, we're also working safely.
    I've got a wife on May 16, and I've stayed home for a while―that makes my mother carefree.
    Masashige?(sender?)'s address is Yamaguchi ken Kumage gun xx village (I can't read), and the West 8th Nakamura troop/group. In the end, xxxx(I can't read)...I wish your health
    this was from a native Japanese speaker
    The sender says that he stays at home. But he's telling the brother the troop's name as the address..so Masashige might be a different person to the sender. Or, he might join that troop after staying home.

I tried to have it translated the person told me it was to personal and I did not need to know what it says..
    Last edited by jeeplover; 03-26-2018 at 06:21 AM.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    If a gist of what's written is not enough, you need to hire a professional translator.
    i just thought it would be easier and more interesting to people who collect if someone here could read it. i recently read a book full of letter from ww2 it had only eto letters nothing from the pto.

?

Looks to be addressed to a member of the 7th Sasebo SNLF, one with IJN postal code for Tarawa. Part of a vet. grouping?

Tom

do one of these post cards contain the postal code for Tarawa? no this was not a vet grouping my friend had them in a box and sold them to me.

?

Both are inbound mail marked for the 7th Sasebo SNLF: ウ239. Top has the location code for Tarawa: ウ66. Bottoms has a wonky ウ00 location code, which could be for the general "Naval Military Postal Station" or for Singapore -- not familiar with pre Tarawa 7th Sasebo OOB.

Tom

?

Sasebo 7th SNLF was organized at the Tateyama Naval Gunnery School in February 1943, likely to accommodate training with the several light tanks they had. Maybe the 00 postal code reflects that, but I am not knowledgeable of the IJN postal system. They were planned for deployment to Santa Isabel Island, but as is well known, were redirected and landed on Betio in March 1943.