Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese Post Cards, Period or Not?

Article about: Hello Everyone, I hope this post finds safe and healthy. I hope I can get some advice from some of the more knowledgeable members. After reading the great thread about comfort bags, I am put

?

The experience and life of the front life soldier has not really changed for the last 100 years, and would not be unrecognisable for any of them for the last thousand or more.

?

Nick, that video was quite amazing. The amount of personalization civilians put into these bags was astounding. It can be seen on the faces of the soldiers who received them. I see now that I can add a lot more period commercial items to make an accurate and eye-catching display.

A former coworker told me about having written letters to put into comfort bags like the kids did in the video. After the war, a man came in search of him from far away to personally thank him and to say it meant so much to him at the front lines.

?

I can absolutely believe that. From the film, the appreciation and excitement shown on the faces of the soldiers was palpable.

Here's the photo from Nick's post #7 .....

Nick: "Long way to go till you make a soldier smile."

Japanese Post Cards, Period or Not?

(^__^)

-- Guy

?

Nick, Thanks for posting another excellent video. The information it provided will eventually help create a very nice display. Guy, I got a nice laugh from your post. It may take a little time, but I'll make that soldier smile yet.
    Thanks,
    Vic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2