Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Rising Sun Flag Navy authenticity

Article about: I purchased this flag online yesterday and was wondering if it is real ww2, JSDF, civilian, etc. Let me know your thoughts please as I am not an expert in flags from ww2, it looked old but I

?

Default Japanese Rising Sun Flag Navy authenticity

I purchased this flag online yesterday and was wondering if it is real ww2, JSDF, civilian, etc. Let me know your thoughts please as I am not an expert in flags from ww2, it looked old but I know fakes have been made for a long time. 27" x 22 1/2". Thank you very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Rising Sun Flag Navy authenticity   Japanese Rising Sun Flag Navy authenticity  

Japanese Rising Sun Flag Navy authenticity   Japanese Rising Sun Flag Navy authenticity  

Japanese Rising Sun Flag Navy authenticity  

?

It looks like a good ww2 era civilian flag. Not Navy by Navy flag standards, but Navy style with the offset rising sun.

PG-

?

Nice thanks for the information. Are there any reference books or websites so I can educate myself better for future purchases? I looked at authentic examples to try to make sure it's not fake but I would like to learn more so like guns, I can know enough to safely take chances on many. Also I paid 105$ was that good as I dont know what they go for. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge.

I am afraid you overpaid close to 10 times the value of a civilian flag. If you are interested in real navy flags, read this.

?

Alright I read the first page so far (at work so I didn't get fully through it yet, definitely will read the rest of the link after work). Do you know any books that could help me in the future purchases of Japanese flags (rising sun, good luck flags, etc)? Though I may have overpaid, I'm really happy it is from the era at least despite being civilian. I thank you for the knowledge as I would prefer harsh truth over fake reality and I knew it was a bit of a gamble as I could only tell it was for sure old by material and stitching.