Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

japanese steyr 1913

Article about: can someone please translate the tag on this gun? looking at it I think it is someone messing around. my friend thinks it is a private purchase gun for officers. maybe the tag will shed some

Default japanese steyr 1913

can someone please translate the tag on this gun? looking at it I think it is someone messing around. my friend thinks it is a private purchase gun for officers. maybe the tag will shed some light thank you. picture 2
    japanese steyr 1913
    japanese steyr 1913
    japanese steyr 1913
    japanese steyr 1913
    japanese steyr 1913
    japanese steyr 1913
    japanese steyr 1913

Where is the tag? Looks like some Japanese proof stamps, but I don’t know much.

EDIT: and a ground off chrysanthemum on the side of the slide.

— Guy
    Last edited by ghp95134; 09-29-2023 at 05:28 AM.

It is picture 2 left of the proof stamps. It says something

I can see 年月日 (year-month-day) stamped on but cannot read the kanji to the left. Can also see 日 on the line above.

“Steyr 1913” model date is Taisho 1, so definitely entered the Japanese military inventory after that date (“Captain Obvious” here…). Perhaps used during WWI or Siberian Intervention??!

Aren’t those navy and army acceptance stamps, the anchor and cherry blossom.

I’m anxious to learn more about your postol!!

Cheers,
    — Guy

Oh, that is a stamp in picture 2. I was expecting a paper tag with information written on it.

Anyway, I’ve told you as much as I can read.

— Guy

Looks like a series mark also

I saw the comments on that Luger forum. I’m not an expert and can only read some Japanese; Iam not authenticating the pistol’s history. We do have weapons experts here, so please wait for their comments.

I see no reason to go to so much trouble for a faker to add Japanese stamps.

Is that “label” stamped on or has it been soldered?

— Guy

Quote by jeeplover View Post
    Looks like a series mark also
    Looks like it is recording the pistol’s serial number 5010, but with an added “/1.”

— Guy

I posted it here because you guys always translate. Other sites not so much. Thank you. The label is stamped or it seemed like it was. I have only seen it in person twice.

I agree the anchor stamp likely indicates a Navy acceptance/approval. The stamps to the right of it, are more likely to be individual arsenal inspectors and shop stamps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast