Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese sword, help needed

Article about: My friend was given this sword afterthought war by he's uncle who took it from a japanese officer in the jungle near to China, apparently he came on this officer who was in the process of co

Default Japanese sword, help needed

My friend was given this sword after the war by he's uncle who took it from a japanese officer in the jungle near to China, apparently he came on this officer who was in the process of commiting suicide , can anyone help with the writing on the cloth attached to it and also the tang, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese sword,  help needed   Japanese sword,  help needed  

Japanese sword,  help needed   Japanese sword,  help needed  

Japanese sword,  help needed  
    Last edited by ireichit; 04-03-2021 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Spelling

Moved to the correct section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Can you flatten out the tag and rotate the first photo counterclockwise and the last photo (of the tang) clockwise?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am having trouble with rotating them at the moment but will keep trying , I am not too good at it.

MAP
    ?

Lots going on with this sword that I don't understand/recognize. I would like to hear what the sword guys have to say. Do you have more photos of the blade and scabbard?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not on me when I see my mate next I will take some more pictures , the scabbard is wood without wrapping but I know know this has been in he's possession since a young boy . Now an old man

The signature reads 濃州関住藤原兼道作 Made by Kanemich Fujiwara of Seki in Nohshyu. He was a smith born in July 1902, real name was 小島時次郎 Tokijiro Kojima.

Shown below is a side by side comparison with a typical example of his work.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese sword,  help needed  

?

The sword is a fairly typical type, originally in traditional mounts and then given a quick makeover to conform more closely to the regulations. There looks to have been a bit of a revival during the Showa period for traditional type swords, though the blades could be made by a variety of methods. Traditional martial arts were highly promoted by the Japanese government at the beginning of the century so I suspect these were for Iaido practice originally.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    The signature reads 濃州関住藤原兼道作 Made by Kanemich Fujiwara of Seki in Nohshyu. He was a smith born in July 1902, real name was 小島時次郎 Tokijiro Kojima.
    He received his swordsmithing license:
    兼道 小島時二郎 S14.10.20
    Kanemichi Kojima Tokojiro
    Showa 14 [1939], October 20th

-- Guy

歩兵第六十一聯隊
    61st Infantry Regiment

Surrender tag:
    陸軍〇〇〇曹長神子
    Army 〇〇〇 Sergeant Major/Master Sergeant Kanako

I can't make out the 〇〇〇 part -- it's definitely not infantry!

Japanese sword,  help needed

The 61st was part of the 4th Infantry Division

-- Guy
    Last edited by ghp95134; 04-03-2021 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Changed surname from Kamiko to Kanako

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast