Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese swords in auction

Article about: I'm not a sword collector as such, and I don't collect Japanese items, but I've always assumed Japanese swords were quite expensive. The following auction lots seem to have estimates that ap

Default Japanese swords in auction

I'm not a sword collector as such, and I don't collect Japanese items, but I've always assumed Japanese swords were quite expensive. The following auction lots seem to have estimates that appear low to me. Are they on the level?

First sword

Second

Third

The links are a bit of a mess, but the auctioneer is Antony Cribb Ltd. and is in their current catalogue.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I would suggest you start a thread for each of the swords you are proposing to buy.
    Then, please do not just post links as when these items are sold, this thread will become useless to future members doing research.
    Save the photos and post them in the appropriate threads that you have created.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the welcome, I'll do that!

?

Remember that in an auction the sale is to the highest bid, auctioneers often pitch an estimate low to pull in hopeful bidders. I would also point out that they will only be getting online and phone bids currently...... You may very well get lucky!