Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Treasury Bond

Article about: Hello Gents! Is it possible to identify a date on these Japanese treasury bonds? Hope everyone is staying safe, and many thanks!

Default Japanese Treasury Bond

Hello Gents!

Is it possible to identify a date on these Japanese treasury bonds? Hope everyone is staying safe, and many thanks!

Japanese Treasury Bond

Japanese Treasury Bond

MAP
    ?

Looking to cash them in??

Nice to see you around!

I'm sure someone will be by to help out.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hey MAP, nice to see you! So you've made moderator? Congrats!

Yeah, I need to buy some of those N95 masks, so thought I'd see if I can get one of Hirohito's relatives to cough it up. Actually picked it up on a whim. Just seeing when it was issued, if it can be identified.

MAP
    ?

My wife has a hard time translating Japanese Kanji into English. But it says something like Greater East Asia War Special Bond. With a date of Showa 19 or 1944

Note: She was reading this from a small and low rez tablet screen so hard to see the kanji...

Yes. I'm a Mod. Lol. I'm just trying build a reference book library section on the forum with another new Mod. We hope it will be very helpful to the members
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That was issued in 1944 and was from the C series run (Series A started in August 1943) announced on 21st August 1944 in the government gazette.

Thanks Nick and MAP! I very much appreciate it.

Very cool! Sounds like a project that will greatly enrich the already substantial amount of material to be found here.