Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to share

Article about: I picked up a nice type 26 ammo pouch in very good condition to share. A good reference example for the books. John

Default Japanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to share

I picked up a nice type 26 ammo pouch in very good condition to share. A good reference example for the books.
    John
    Japanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to shareJapanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to shareJapanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to shareJapanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to shareJapanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to shareJapanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to share

MAP
    ?

Not one I recognize. Never seen one like this. But I don't profess to know much about them.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is a fairly uncommon item to be found. It was designed to be worn on the waist strap for the holster.
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    It is a fairly uncommon item to be found. It was designed to be worn on the waist strap for the holster.
    John
    Ahhh.. for the type 26 revolver. Now I get it. Nice! I've always seen the holsters with the slots for the extra bullets. Never a separate pouch. Terri at Nambu world doesn't even have an example on her website.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

How many rounds can be stored in the pouch?

From other posts I have seen it should hold 16 loose rounds and was not designed to hold a box. I do not have any ammo for the T-26 to try it out.
    There is a good discussion with pics on this thread.
    Japanese Type 26 cartridge pouch

John

That is a nice catch and in beautiful condition. I believe that leather disc was just glued in place over the finial on the inside. You're lucky that it's still with the pouch. I think Dan Larkin is right on the date being Taisho 10 (1921).
    I'll have to dig my example out to see if it still has that disc. These are quite rare these days!

Very Nice item! I am lucky enough to have a dear friend I played music with for many years, who had an Uncle that served in the Pacific theatre.Unfortunately he (The Uncle) was KIA and this pistol and holster came back to the U.S. in his foot locker. I Am happy to post this in memory of both the American and Japanese soldiers who gave their lives for their country.
    This forum is a great way of displaying respect for their service,and I believe Studying these artifacts is a genuine display of respect regardless of who was right or wrong.
    I hope these photos will help provide a more complete picture of the Type 26 and Accessories. Regards, G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to share   Japanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to share  

Japanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to share   Japanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to share  

Japanese Type 26 Ammo Pouch to share  

MAP
    ?

Beautiful piece Geoff and a nice reminder of the sacrifices

Hard to improve on that example and good to honor sacrifice.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast