Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Type 90 Helmet Help

Article about: I picked this up from another collector to use for my WW2 display. Does this helmet look correct? Looks like it was repainted to me, which is fine for my display. Does the liner look correct

Default Japanese Type 90 Helmet Help

I picked this up from another collector to use for my WW2 display. Does this helmet look correct? Looks like it was repainted to me, which is fine for my display. Does the liner look correct? Installed correct?

Japanese Type 90 Helmet HelpJapanese Type 90 Helmet HelpJapanese Type 90 Helmet HelpJapanese Type 90 Helmet HelpJapanese Type 90 Helmet HelpJapanese Type 90 Helmet Help

?

Looks like a reproduction, or repainted and put together at any rate. Any embossed shell markings?

There is a wealth of info here:
    Error - German Helmet Walhalla
    Regards,
    John

?

Agree. Looks like a repro. She'll should have some stamping so in steel. Liner looks too small for shell. Could be aged repro. Turn over liner pads & photograph ink stamp.

If you don't mind a repaint, then the fact that the liner doesn't really seem to fit at all, but just seems to be hiding there, cringed in the shell, shouldn't bother you either. The shiny repaint looks far enough from original, so one should not expect the liner to have received any better attention. In the end, you are only seeking something one notch above a repro, so if you like it, no one else needs to. A spray coating of clear matte used for finishing models would make the finish look more real, though.

The back of the liner does not have any ink stamps. Repro as well? The shiny is from CLP wipe down. Agree on Repaint as I expected. In the end, I paid $150 for a pile of scrap. I did; do want an original for display.

Japanese Type 90 Helmet Help

Regarding the liner, the 'quite' white stitching doesn't appear to look 70+ years old.

Is it just me or do the ventilation holes appear a little larger than normal.

I'm also of the opinion the whole helmet is a Chinese manufactured reproduction.