Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Type 99 Front Ammo Pouch Help Please

Article about: I picked up a pretty good condition Japanese front ammo pouch and would appreciate some help with the maker and date. My apologies for not being able to read dates as of yet as I know I shou

Default Japanese Type 99 Front Ammo Pouch Help Please

I picked up a pretty good condition Japanese front ammo pouch and would appreciate some help with the maker and date. My apologies for not being able to read dates as of yet as I know I should be able to after 8 years of collecting. I just do not seem to have the eye yet. All opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Japanese Type 99 Front Ammo Pouch Help PleaseJapanese Type 99 Front Ammo Pouch Help PleaseJapanese Type 99 Front Ammo Pouch Help PleaseJapanese Type 99 Front Ammo Pouch Help PleaseJapanese Type 99 Front Ammo Pouch Help PleaseJapanese Type 99 Front Ammo Pouch Help Please

Sorry, that is pseudo-Oriental or Klingon .... i.e., gibberish. I've rotated the image all the way round just to make certain I was looking at it properly.

-- Guy

Thank you Guy. It is a rubbish repro pouch?
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Thank you Guy. It is a rubbish repro pouch?
    John
    The pouch looks fine ... but I'm not a collector; let's leave the final word to them. However, I have worked and hand-stitched leather for years, and that pouch looks old enough ... and has a bit of verdigris around the fittings.

-- Guy

?

In many case the stamp inside was cancel from the use, some is engrave and more difficult to cancel other just stamp, in my opinion is original and legit .

It is crystal clear that the marking is not of Japanese origin, but where does that leave us, I don't know.

?

I think who one idiot take a legit ammo pouch and for sell try to put this not sense home made stamp it is common practice unfortunately

Pouch looks original

Bill

Thank you to all for the information, much appreciated.
    John