Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Type unmarked 30 bayonet “last ditch”?

Article about: I would like some help on this WW2 Type 30 Japanese unmarked bayonet. The bayonet is crudely milled and made. There are no manufacturing stamps on the blade. But there is a number 19 neatly

?

Default Japanese Type unmarked 30 bayonet “last ditch”?

I would like some help on this WW2 Type 30 Japanese unmarked bayonet. The bayonet is crudely milled and made. There are no manufacturing stamps on the blade. But there is a number 19 neatly carved in the wooden handle and a 19 stamped on the top of the head of the bayonet.
    I suspect it is a “Last Ditch” bayonet.
    If at all possible I would like to have this bayonet identified, if in fact it is a Last Ditch bayonet and what the # 19 may possibly signify. A Unit?, rack number etc.
    any thoughts , info and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Japanese Type unmarked  30 bayonet “last ditch”?Japanese Type unmarked  30 bayonet “last ditch”?Japanese Type unmarked  30 bayonet “last ditch”?Japanese Type unmarked  30 bayonet “last ditch”?Japanese Type unmarked  30 bayonet “last ditch”?Japanese Type unmarked  30 bayonet “last ditch”?Japanese Type unmarked  30 bayonet “last ditch”?

Nothing last ditch about this - all the features mimic early war bayonets. Just a very common training bayonet used in the scores of military schools all over Japan. it's crudely made to be made cheaply.
    Last edited by Long Shot; 06-30-2020 at 01:06 AM.

?

I agree

?

Thanks. Any ideas of what the “19” signifies?
    Thanks again for all of your help.

?

Just serial number, issue number that might match training rifle

?

Probably an inventory number from the school's armory

?

Since this is my first time seeing this type of early type 30 made crudely, and I have seen traing bayonets and the other series of type 30. Could this be a poorly done reproduction? Semper Fi Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Since this is my first time seeing this type of early type 30 made crudely, and I have seen traing bayonets and the other series of type 30. Could this be a poorly done reproduction? Semper Fi Phil
    That was my thought too Phil, when I first viewed the shape of the scabbard's finial. I believe the set is a modern reproduction. Never viewed an earlier style bayonet (school's or otherwise) this poorly finished/put together.

Best,

V/r Lance

MAP
    ?

Never seen a cross guard tapped and pinned to the blade tang before on one of these
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Never seen a cross guard tapped and pinned to the blade tang before on one of these
    Several types of trainer bayonets were made like that. I wouldn't dismiss it as a fake too quickly, there are just so many variations of trainers. Chinese fakes are usually badly marked to try and imitate an arsenal marked T30.
    Either way, its not military issue. Unless one has a training rifle or are super into collecting odd variations of T30s I wouldn't bother with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast