Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Japanese? What is it? PLEASE

Article about: Good Afternoon, Many years back I aquired the item in the photos here with. The seller was of the opinion that it was Japanese but its use unknown. Severalm uses have been suggested but to d

Default Is this Japanese? What is it? PLEASE

Good Afternoon, Many years back I aquired the item in the photos here with. The seller was of the opinion that it was Japanese but its use unknown. Severalm uses have been suggested but to date I have no definitive idea what it is or is for. There is a small inscription under the cap which looks Japanese but?? n Your opinions and or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Many thanks Michael Ryan.

Is this Japanese?  What is it?  PLEASEIs this Japanese?  What is it?  PLEASEIs this Japanese?  What is it?  PLEASEIs this Japanese?  What is it?  PLEASEIs this Japanese?  What is it?  PLEASEIs this Japanese?  What is it?  PLEASEIs this Japanese?  What is it?  PLEASEIs this Japanese?  What is it?  PLEASEIs this Japanese?  What is it?  PLEASE

It's a blueprint carry case. Perhaps used for maps, as well. I cannot make out any of the writing.

--Guy

Reminds me of a flute-carryng case...seems awful small for bluebrints, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Reminds me of a flute-carryng case...seems awful small for bluebrints, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn
    Glenn, now that you mention it, its diameter is awfully narrow. However, it is a bit long for a flute.

Interesting .....

--Guy

?

Could it be a telescope case ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

It' s hard to judge if it's a Japanese piece, might be Chinese or Allied made.

The thread stitching looks Comonwealth type, IMO.

Too bad the strap buckle is gone.

Regards,
    Taka

Hi, Thank you all for your opinions and suggestions. All worthy of considderation!!
    Regards Michael R