Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese WO2 sword

Article about: Before I spend my way to hard earned money on a fake sword I'd like to have you guys look at it. I don't want to buy a reproduction. The story is this was bought by the seller from a former

Default Japanese WO2 sword

Before I spend my way to hard earned money on a fake sword I'd like to have you guys look at it. I don't want to buy a reproduction. The story is this was bought by the seller from a former KNIL Dutch soldier or his relatives and was in the soldier's possession for around 60 years. Sorry for the picture quality. These are his photo's, since I don't have access to the sword until I buy it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese WO2 sword   Japanese WO2 sword  

Japanese WO2 sword  

All I can say is, if these are the only photos you can get, walk away and don't buy it.
    Ralph.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

He said in his mail the weapon is not sharp anymore. Someone has deliberately blunted it he claims.

Quote by Mathieu View Post
    He said in his mail the weapon is not sharp anymore. Someone has deliberately blunted it he claims.
    Either way, I suggest you save your money and buy something you can be more proud of and is more presentable.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Total fake. What's on the blade is just gibberish.

Thanks. I had the hunch something was wrong.

?

Great advise given By Ralph and Nick , Mathieu !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

There were some odd "lookalike" swords carried by PETA officers in Indonesia during the Japanese occupation, and I did wonder if this was one of them. But they were better made and looked different to this one. I think this is at best a souvenir made for allied troops post war.