Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese writing, please help decipher, translate...

Article about: Hello, I am very curious what that inscription could mean. Please help me to find translation. Thank you very much.

?

Default Japanese writing, please help decipher, translate...

Hello, I am very curious what that inscriptions could mean. Please help me to find translation.
    Thank you very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese writing, please help decipher, translate...   Japanese writing, please help decipher, translate...  

It is the engraved name of the badge owner. Which badge is it?

武市篤
    Takéchi Atsushi

Atsushi is his given name.
    武市 Takéchi is the family name and could be pronounced as:
    Takéichi, Takéuchi, Takéshi, and Takéchi

-- Guy

?

Hi Guy,
    Thank you very much for your answer. It is this badge in the picture.
    What that green sticker on the box mean?
    Simon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese writing, please help decipher, translate...  

?

Would that mean that, this badge was made there, or just the box was made there?

Probably sold and engraved there. The top of the label says “watches and precious medal.” I think the touch-mark under the pin catch is “sterling silver” — I’ll double check when I get back home later tonight and can use a real computer.

Okay, I'm on a real computer and have enhanced the punch-mark ... but I cannot read it. Maybe the maker's shop name. It does *not* say "Sterling Silver" which in Japanese is
    純銀
    Jungin

Here's the enhanced image just in case anyone else has better luck deciphering it:

Japanese writing, please help decipher, translate...

EDIT:
    hmmmmm .... okay, the far right kanji is "silver" ... I'd never make out the left kanji ... but it might be "Pure"

純銀

-- Guy

?

What’s on the box cover?

?

Front of the box picture:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese writing, please help decipher, translate...  

?

Thank you so much Guy. I am really surprised how much info you have provided. In picture here is exactly the same silver mark. It is partially obscured but maybe more readable

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast