Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese WW2 Dogtag

Article about: This is the 4th item I am posting from the group I picked up today from a local Collector fair. This is not a militaria fair and I found a seller with a couple of relic pieces. After abit of

Default Japanese WW2 Dogtag

This is the 4th item I am posting from the group I picked up today from a local Collector fair. This is not a militaria fair and I found a seller with a couple of relic pieces. After abit of a chat he invited me to some other items he had with him that he didnt have out and this was one of them. Its a Japanese dogtag made from brass but I have no idea what it says. I know as much as its for an enlisted man but thats it. Anyone have a translation of this one? Will sit well with the rest of my Japanese grouping which I will have to post over the next few days

Cheers
    Jason
    Japanese WW2 DogtagJapanese WW2 DogtagJapanese WW2 DogtagJapanese WW2 DogtagJapanese WW2 Dogtag

?

Default Re: Japanese WW2 Dogtag

柏=52 Shidan
    4630 indicates Rentai but I cannot find which one it is
    2=probably 2nd Company
    番一O=Number 10 (individual number)

Thanks for the info on the tag! Much appreciated.

Regards
    Jason

?

Neat grouping of relics! I echo what Haru wrote about the tag concerning the 52nd Division, although there is a small possibility that it could have come from a member of the 11th Independent Mixed Regiment that was based on Paluwat. At any rate, the tag most likely came from either Paluwat or its nearby neighbor (relatively speaking) Truk.

Tom