Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese ww2 helmet with writing

Article about: Hi everyone, I just bought this helmet and a ww2 japanese gas mask from some guy in Tokyo. First off, any opinions would be appreciated. Furthermore, I was wondering if anyone can translate

Default Japanese ww2 helmet with writing

Hi everyone, I just bought this helmet and a ww2 japanese gas mask from some guy in Tokyo. First off, any opinions would be appreciated. Furthermore, I was wondering if anyone can translate the writing. There are stitched characters in the liner, and under one liner flap. Pics are crappy, I appologize for that.

My concerns with this helmet begin with the chinstrap. Is it a war time replacement, or war time made unissued replacement. Also, one of the rings that holds the chinstrap has been replaced. Anyone know how to recognize this item as war or post war?

Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese ww2 helmet with writing   Japanese ww2 helmet with writing  

Japanese ww2 helmet with writing   Japanese ww2 helmet with writing  

Default Re: Japanese ww2 helmet with writing

I have posted better pictures of the characters on a new thread.

Hi, the helmet is completely original, and regarding the chinstrap, it could be very well both of your sugestions, late war helmets were produced with this type of strap and damaged ones were replaced with this one.
    IN my opinion i think you shouldnt be "concerned" because eather way its a very beautifull war time example.
    If you are not happy with helmet, we can fix that in a jiffy, just give it to me

That is great to hear. As to sending you the helmet......sure, for free......just pay the 1200$ shipping charge....HA. Thanks for checking the lid out, I'm trying to find out what the japanese writing meens. Question where would I post a picture of a japanese gas mask? Would you know how much this helmet is worth, roughly. Sorry for all the questions, but you seem knowledgeable. Thanks a million.......ACE.

1200$ !!! i had more an idea of 5-6euros

Id say 450-500 euros but i also seen a few on sale for more, depends on the seller, they decide the price and we buy or not.
    Axis related miltaria you should post here, helmets also if you like.

German Militaria 1933-1945- Axis Militaria & Related Items at War relics forum
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Thanks for the posting advice, will upload the gas mask. 450-500 euros....wow. I paid 312 euros with shipping. You never see these around where I live, so when it came up, I snatched it.

The one I was going to get is on the collectors guild. With tax and shipping would cost around 1200 canadian dollars. I think it was an early war example, can't remember. I thought that was a bit high for me.