Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

JIA prayer flag 1 Rayon?

Article about: JIA prayer flag 1 Rayon material? Very clean... any help on translation is always welcome.

?

Default JIA prayer flag 1 Rayon?

JIA prayer flag 1 Rayon material? Very clean... any help on translation is always welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture JIA prayer flag 1 Rayon?   JIA prayer flag 1 Rayon?  

JIA prayer flag 1 Rayon?   JIA prayer flag 1 Rayon?  

JIA prayer flag 1 Rayon?   JIA prayer flag 1 Rayon?  

JIA prayer flag 1 Rayon?  

Looks like a post war flag with printed kanji to me IMHO but more experienced people than I will be able to provide more information.
    John

These should not be called prayer flags, because they have nothing to do with religion or prayers. It celebrates Touru Iwazawa's induction into the Army. He must have been a student of Japan University in Tokyo and a graduate of Obi Junior High School located near Nichinan Miyazaki Prefecture. His schools are revealed by the associations of graduates of those schools signing. Also a neighborhood association from Kagoshima City is signing, so clearly he was a resident of either Kagoshima or Miyazaki Prefecture in Kyshu.
    Odd writing style but I suppose authentic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture JIA prayer flag 1 Rayon?  

?

Odd writing style? Post war style or unusual?

Almost as if written by a non-Japanese. Stroke order, extra strokes, etc

?

That is odd. Does it look like same handwriting for each name? Makes one suspicious on authenticy...

The signatures are OK, though many seem to have been done by one person, like representing siblings and signing on their behalf. The strange writing are in the main slogan and dedication, but as I said I think it's OK