MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Kaga photo booklet from 1937

Article about: I wish I had the resources to nab a piece of history like in the link below, next level collecting is all I can say! ヤフオク! - 航空母艦 

?

Default Kaga photo booklet from 1937

I wish I had the resources to nab a piece of history like in the link below, next level collecting is all I can say!

ヤフオク! - 航空母艦 加賀 搭乗員 写真 昭和12年 分隊 集...

A photo booklet of some crew members of the aircraft carrier Kaga, from August, 1937. This particular booklet was used by the captain of the Kaga at the time, Ayao Inagaki. The Kaga's aircraft tussled with the Chinese Air Force during the month of August and into September, taking some losses.

Aircraft carrier items are rare -- Anyone have anything related to Japanese carriers in their collections they would like to share?

Thanks for looking!

Tom

このオークションは終了しています
    Auction over. Looks like the hammer price was ca. $2,600 and fought over by 22 bids.

Not aircraft carrier, the only navy-related item I have is a certificate for completion of kendo winter training aboard the cruiser 出雲 Izumo dated 17 January 1935:

Kaga photo booklet from 1937

?

Seems like a very reasonable and fair end price

?

Amazing stuff. I always hold out hope that these sorts of things will find their way to Japanese archives eventually and not just sit in some collector's drawer forever.